“Daniel joined Johnsonhorses in 2017. He brought with him a wealth of experience, knowledge and passion for the sport and a simple training style. His optimistic attitude and drive for perfection have helped him achieve outstanding results in his career. We really appreciate having Daniel as part of our team.”
Meech is a New Zealand equestrian. He was born in 1973 in Hastings. At the age of 20, he relocated to Germany for an apprenticeship with Dutch showjumper Paul Hendrix 1995-1996. He then worked for Paul Schockemöhle from 1997-1998. From 2000-2005 he was the manager and rider at Stall Klaas and in 2006 he became self-employed working between Europe and New Zealand riding, training and selling horses.
Daniel’s achievements include:
- 1994 New Zealand YR Champion
- 1995 New Zealand Champion
- Atlanta Olympic Games 1996
- 12th in Athens Olympic Games 2004.
- Winner of the Kuala Lumpur Grand Prix 2004, attended by the best 30 riders in the world.
- Winner of the Caen 4* Grand Prix 2003
- Winner of the Munich 4* Grand Prix 2008
- Nominated Olympic Games Beijing 2008 (did not compete due to injury)
- 2010 New Zealand Champion
- Abu Dhabi 5* Nations cup win aboard “Fine” 2018 (his own horse that he produced as a youngster to Olympic level)
- Tryon World equestrian games aboard “Fine” 2018
- Abu Dhabi 5* Nations cup win upon “Cinca” 2020
- Daniel as an individual and team New Zealand have qualified for the 2021 Olympics in Tokyo